Summer Safety Tips for Pets!
Great Summer safety tips for pets here…to keep your furry friends comfy during the dog days of summer. Please remember, that the hot weather is just as hard on our pets, as it is on us!
Tips for Your Pets…
- Exercise: Take your pet for early morning, or late evening walks. The pavement can be awfully hard on their paws, it gets hot in the summer! And, provide them with a drink before and after their walk.
- Recreation: If you’re thinking of taking your pooch to the park, beach, or on a hike in the heat, you may want to think twice! Lack of water and shade can cause you and your pet to quickly dehydrate. If you do go, take plenty of water! Let them swim…kiddie pools are great for outdoor baths and fun!
- Pets in Cars: DO NOT, we repeat, DO NOT leave your pet in a locked car! According to paw-rescue.org; “Even when the outside air temperature is in the 60s, temperatures inside some vehicles can reach the danger zone on bright, sunny days. So many experts recommend not to leave pets or children in parked cars even for short periods if the temperature is in the 60s or higher.” And, if you’re see a pet or a child in a locked car, don’t hesitate to call authorities! Download this great flyer from the Humane Society, for tips on how to help your pet if it is exposed to high temperatures.
- Visit the Vet: Have your animal checked regularly for ticks, fleas, and heartworms. Also, check with the Doc to find out if you can give your pet a summer trim.
- Keep your home A/C system running! Just like us, pets love a cool place to eat, sleep, and play! If you haven’t had your system checked lately, you may need a tune-up, or even a new HVAC. Just give us a call, and one of our trained experts will be glad to assist you!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our summer safety tips for pets…have fun with your furry friends and stay safe!
Feel Free to Call Us Anytime at (916) 409-0768
From all of us at Peck Heating & Air Conditioning, including our Pooches!